Electrical engineers are dedicated professionals who are knowledgeable about how to develop electrical solutions to end application issues. They are responsible for providing industries throughout the world involved with medical, industrial, military and aerospace markets with the solutions they need in order to continue engineering advancements.
One of them most prominent industries to benefit from electrical engineering advancements and solutions is the medical industry, which Astrodyne TDI plays a major role. As medicine gradually begins to change and advance more and more each day, so does the medical equipment that doctors use in their practices. Since the 1950's there have been huge medical transformations, due to the fact that engineers have designed and created concepts which help the medical practice thrive.
- 1958: Engineers had assisted in the creation of the first portable pacemaker. Designed to assist individual patients who could have the device on as external wear; patients who still were able to maintain their mobility.
- 1950: The first implanted pacemaker was developed; which within its first use, helped extend the lives of ten different people in a clinical case.
- To follow, in the 1980's, many different transplants were being made which allowed for people with hip and knee injuries to be able to drastically allow more mobility into their lives.
- At the end of the 90's, slow release drug systems were invented, which revolutionized chemotherapy treatments and provided patients with an easier way to fight.
Overall Medical Trends:
- Since the majority of new inventions up to this point were developed in order to assist people with portability (in and out of the medical office) there were many different software developments.
- Micro sensors and wireless access were among the few.
- Advances such as these improved surgical developments and ensured speedy and safer recoveries.
Wireless Mechatronics and Hospitals:
- Since the 80's, hospitals have had easier access to communicate with their patients easier and more efficiently (including their staff)
- 86% of hospitals use cell phones
- 83% use work stations
- 82% use PDAs and tablets
- All of these make communicating easier because they all reduce the internal and external interference between groups
- Also, vital sign monitors have been updated so that medical staff can stay ore up-to-date on their patient needs.
- Engineers also assist in developments and research that is outside direct medicine.
- They create prostheses; artificial limbs
- Brain implants as well as devices that help restore mental and cognitive function have been deployed
- Astrodyne TDI is a global leader in the development of filters that are used in LVAD devices as well as artificial hearts, and medical monitoring systems.
- Although electrical engineering in the medical field has come a long way, engineers are always looking to further these advancements.
- Most recently, 3D printing has allowed for many expanding advancements in medicine and dentistry.
- The ultimate goal: create a 3D printer that can print human organs that can be used seamlessly in the body.
With the help of knowledgeable and experienced electrical engineers, the medical industry is advancing at an extreme rate; at Astrodyne TDI
, we aim to continue to reach our goal of becoming the main global leader in engineering products that assist in these advancements.